Friday, September 29, 2006

I'll see you at the show

When a two year old tells you he loves you, your heart melts. When he sings you the first two lines from "Bird on a Wire," your heart breaks. I guess when your dad plays in a band, you learn Leonard Cohen tunes instead of Raffi...

A couple nights ago Andy Creeggan and Mike Evan played a show here. I've tried writing this paragraph a few times. Let's just say it was a great show, and it was fun to see Andy again. He's a great musician & performer (listen to one of Jim and Andy's songs). Jim got up and played about half the show with them. Much fun.

I've had two great lessons with my new teacher at the Con, Steve Dann. He's got an amazing sound, and great ideas about how to play music, and how to play the viola. Also, his name sounds like a superhero, or a PI. I feel like his philosphy is a good complement to the tools I already have.

Again, tried writing that paragraph a few times, but it's really hard not to be boring with details that aren't important. You can just be happy knowing that I'm happy and learning a lot and growing.

Capella and I went to the Red Sox/Blue Jays game on Saturday. The Sox lost, but it was a close game until the end. We had good seats by the left field pole that would've been twice as expensive at Fenway. Also, they still sell beer in the stands and don't shut down after the seventh inning stretch. Our section was about two thirds Sox fans- some Dominicans from Fall River brought signs with messages for Jerry Remy, hoping to get on NESN. A guy a few rows behind us yelled "Hey Fall Rivah" a few times but couldn't get their attention.

We walked home and passed an adult clothing & book store (if you know what I mean) that had two women dancing in the windows. It was especially shocking because they normally have maniquins. A bit like an episode of Doctor Who.

We're moving into our new apartment on Tuesday. I'm so excited to finally live in my own home again. We've been living out of boxes for two and a half months, and it feels like it. At the same time I've gotten used to living with Finn and Jim and Anna. They're such positive people, and have become good friends. Jim just left today to start a tour, so I think we'll be seeing Anna and Finn as much as we can.

I think now that I'm actually busy doing stuff I won't be writing as often as before. Less time for writing & less time for exploring. Time to be a grown-up (sort of).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve Dann sounds like he should be on Hawaii Five-0.