Friday, February 23, 2007

coincidence

In a weird coincidence, I ran into Ron Sexsmith on the third floor of Casa Loma last night.

Turns out not so weird once I learned that he, like me, was there to play for the Conservatory's Mozart Unlaced gala. I was too surprised to say anything other than hi.

The event was a little silly- lots of people with money not listening to the best students at the Con playing and singing at various places in the castle. They didn't pay much attention to Sexsmith, either. But there was a chocolate fountain loaded with 20 pounds of chocolate (I asked) and a scotch tasting bar with some nice 10 and 15 year scotches, which made up for it.

Song of the week (I kinda lapsed after the first, I dunno, one, but here's number 2): Gold in them hills by Ron Sexsmith (link opens up the music video. I'm not crazy about the video, or this version of the song, really- just imagine it with only guitar. And listen to the words...)

No comments: