Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ron Sexsmith waved goodnight to me.

Tonight we went to see our friend Mike Evin's EP release party. His new disc is a set of love songs, and very awesome. It was a good show, a mix of Mike solo, with his girlfriend Sarah, and the full band. Two of the guys who played in the band are also in Ron Sexsmith's band, so he showed up to hear the show, too.

We ended up sitting with the guy who tunes Mike's piano. He's blind, so after the show I led him over to where Mike was chatting with people so they could chat. Mark, the tuner, started talking with the drummer, Don Kerr, also the producer for Mike's album, also Ron Sexsmith's drummer.

A few minutes later Capella and I decided it was time to go home, so we went and got our coats on. On the way to the door, Capella stopped to say goodnight to Sarah. I was a few feet away and wanted to save a little time on our way out, so I waved goodnight. But Sarah was standing directly in front of Sexsmith and Don, who returned my wave, as did Ron Sexsmith.

Embarrassing and exciting, all rolled into one.

Ron Sexsmith waved goodnight to me.

No comments: